Discover the LED Screens Prices
Asking how much a digital billboard cost, is like asking how much a car cost. Such kind of questions can only have one answer. It depends. On all the following 5 variables:
- SIZE: do you need a Smart Car or a BMW X5 (i.e. what are the dimensions of the LED screen you want to install?)
- POWER: do you want to drive it at race circuits or you need it just to do the grocery? (i.e. what's the resolution of the LED screen?). Note for beginners: resolution = distance between the pixels: the closer they are, the better is the image at shorter viewing distances.
- RELIABILITY: premium car brands use premium materials and are therefore able to provide longer warranties (i.e. so do LED screens' manufactures)
- CREDENTIALS: how much do you value the world-class reliability provided by Toyota? (i.e. beware of. newly established companies without a proven technology and history)
- TRAINING: BMW gives a 2 days safe-drive course to any Customer that purchases the new sport series. (i.e. beware of LED screen manufactures that offer no or minimum training on how to use the display effectively)
Before purchasing a LED screen you should ask yourself these questions and rank them depending of the importance that each point has for you. In this simple way you can define the specifications and profile of the ideal screen and manufacturer you are looking for.
Now, if you need to have exact numbers, here there are some real figures:
LED Screens Size
The smallest LED screen size I recommend is 2 x 1.5 meters: of course it depends on the pixel pitch, but in general that's the smallest size I recommend.
LED Screens Power (or Resolution)
The best price/performance ratio resolution I recommend is p8/16mm: again, the resolution depends on the average viewing distance of your audience, but in general p8/16mm is a safe bet.
Reliability of the LED Screen
The warranty should be ideally 2 years or more. some entry-level products might have a 1 year warranty. If this is the products you are looking for, make sure that maintenance contracts are available. And if they are, beware of companies asking 25% of the value of the screen starting from the second year for maintenance... it might mean that they consider their product at risk.
For the credentials of the company I recommend you don't only check the website because anyone could insert a nice picture on his website (e.g. there are a few pictures of our screens published on other websites). What I would recommend you to do is to get the name of at least 2/3 Customers that are already using the screen and then talk to them.
Training on How to Use the LED Screens Effectively
Concerning the training, make sure that your supplier can provide you at least a basic training on how to use the LED billboard. I'm not talking about a technical training (that's should be obvious...) but I'm talking about a training that shows you the best techniques (and the worst mistakes) to create ads, market your screen, find and win advertisers etc...
A final note concerning the price: if you are approaching the LED screen industry for the first time, I think you should consider a minimum investment of about 12/14.000 Euro to purchase a display similar to the one I described above. If you get an offer for a lower price, go through the 5-points-checklist and make sure you are aware of what kind of LED screen you are getting.
Time, Prices and Other Useful Information
Important: all prices, time and other information contained in this table are purely indicative and they can vary depending on the Country and the size of the screen. Here we report an estimation based on European countries. For a more precise quotation, please call us now at +39/011-954-1015+39/011-954-1015 or write to
Indicative Price of Supporting Structure
- LED Screens 2x1,5 mt = approx. 3.500,00 EUR
- LED Screens 3x2 mt = approx. 3.700,00 EUR
- LED Screens 4x3 mt = approx. 5.560,00 EUR
- For bigger dimensions, please consider approx. 450,00 EUR / sqm
Personnel Needed for the LED Screen Installation
- n. 1 electrician – approx. 300 EUR / day
- n. 1 carpenter who built the structure – approx. 300 EUR / day
- n. 2/3 workers – approx. 250 EUR / day / each
- n. 1 engineer who signed the project (if not present onsite, should be at least reachable) – approx. 500 EUR / day
- n. 1 technician for ADSL internet line (if necessary) – approx. 200 EUR / day
- n. 1 crane up to 15 mt + operator (if necessary) – approx. 950 EUR / day
Indicative Time Presence of Our Technician
- LED Screens 0-12 sqm = 2 days (Southern Europe)
- LED Screens 12-24 sqm = 3 days
- LED Screens 24-48 sqm = 4 days
- LED Screens Over 48 sqm or outside Europe = to be defined
Size, Weight and Price of the Metal Structure
- Metal Structure Dimensions = Screen Perimeter + 1 mt + 4 mt (for the pole)
- Metal Structure Weight = approx. 23 Kg / meter
- Metal Structure Price = approx. 550,00 EUR for each sqm of the LED screen
Size, Weight and Price of the Foundation
- LED Screens 3x2mt at 3 mt height = approx. 3 sqm
- Hole Digging and Concrete Foundation for 3x2mt = approx. 1.700,00 EUR
- LED Screens 4x3mt at 4 mt height = approx. 5 sqm
- Hole Digging and Concrete Foundation for 4x3mt = approx. 2.400,00 EUR
Indicative Cost of Transportation
- Ground: 3-4 EUR / Kg; Delivery within 1 week within Europe
- Air: 5-6 EUR / Kg; Delivery within 1 week worldwide
- Sea: 2-3 EUR al Kg; Delivery within 4/5 weeks worldwide
LED Screens Customs Clearance Tariffs
Check with your National Customs Authorities if there are any taxes for importing LED Screens in your Country. Provide them with the Customs Clearance Tariffs indicated below when submitting your request:
- LED Screens: 8531 20 20
- Spare Parts Only: 8531 90 20
Important: all prices, time and other information contained in this table are purely indicative and they can vary depending on the Country and the size of the LED video wall. Here we report an estimation based on European countries.
Contacts and More Information
For more information, call us now at the No. +39/011-954-1015+39/011-954-1015, or write to
. Click Here for the Quotation Online or visit the Clients page to see our latest installations and references.
©2004-2016 Fabio Aversa. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission from the author.